Smiley

Barry Levinson - 2012

« Older   Newer »

1. Reppy

User deleted

The movie it's named after the name of the serial killer this movie talks about. He kills all the people that in an anonymous chat receive for tree times the words “I did it for the lulz”. This sentence is the first thing that makes this movie ridiculous. The start it's not so bad despite the absurdity and incoherence of the whole thing. It can give you some chills even if the acting level it's too bad.

The problem is that the characters are just sketched and the viewer has a hard time to make a connection to them, the kind of connection you need to feel some empathy with them. There are some characters that simply appear on the screen, with not purpose and no sense, like the father of the main character. It was absolutely unnecessary because there was no deepening about his presence. Most of the characters are superficial. The main character its self is a girl that have a lot of radical changes that appear just incoherent: she switch from fragility to strength like pushing a light button. One second before she was going crazy and the next she was all 'yeah, I'm cool and I will solve the situation'. So, no character growth, just sudden changing.

Then there are sub plots that needed some more space, only to help the viewer to empathize, like the romance between the main character and the 'forever alone' guy. The whole movie it's like that, a sequence of scenes without any intensity.

And the worst thing it's the end. The movies end two time. The first it's an unannounced surprise. It was interesting but so awful acted and quick to leave a bad feeling like they had just thrown in something. And then the movie ends again, with the most pathetic and predictable of the scenes.

And that's it. The movie it's here. Just a sequence of frames.

I heard that most of that people came from YouTube. I hope that someone learned that have some followers on YT don't make you a star and even more, don't mean you have the talent to be an actor or a movie artist. So stay on your little channel and make the people laugh, don't inflate your ego, please.

Video

0 replies since 7/12/2012, 14:04   28 views